Campari invites you to N100: the ultimate Negroni celebration
- Raise a glass to 100 years of the Negroni and Count Negroni himself – the man behind the beloved cocktail – at one of the seven parties happening across the UK
- To celebrate the centenary CAMPARI, the heart of the Negroni, will kick-start with a massive birthday party offering 100 different Negronis for guests to choose from
- Continue the party into Negroni Week with celebrations across the UK hosted by Oriole, Vermuteria, Jealous Prints Science & Industry and Hoot the Redeemer
London, 2019 – To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Negroni, CAMPARI – the iconic Italian aperitif – will launch #N100, seven dedicated parties across the UK, each championing the impressive cultural impact this iconic cocktail has had over the last 100 years. Beginning on 20th June at London’s Vinyl Factory, N100: Cheers to the Count will be a monumental party offering 100 different twists on the classic Negroni.
100 Negronis? Yes that’s right – and all under one roof. N100: Cheers to the Count will be bringing together over one hundred cocktail recipes from the UK’s best bars, mixologists and tales inspired by moments of the iconic cocktail’s colourful history.
Choose from snapping a Negroni selfie in N100: The Classics bar, an installation built with CAMPARI bottles, or learn the skills it takes to craft a Negroni in a bar built entirely of ice and serving an exclusive Negroni Flight. If you prefer your parties international, take a trip to Italy at the Café Culture bar, inviting guests to learn more about where this famous cocktail was born, whilst sampling Italian aperitivio. Or, at the Globetrotters bar, take a trip through cities – including London – that influenced the creation of CAMPARI’s Negroni. Finally, guests finish at Campari Creates to take on the Count and create their very own twist on a Negroni.
N100: Cheers to the Count will place at The Vinyl Factory, 18 Marshall St, Soho, London, W1F 7BE for one night only on 20th June 2019. Tickets are £15 including entry and a choice of two Negronis from the 100 twists on offer, purchase here https://lineupnow.com/event/n100-cheers-to-the-count. Additional Negronis priced at £6.
From N100: Cheers to the Count, the celebrations continue into Negroni Week 2019, with a series of parties and one-off menus in six partner bars across London, Manchester and Edinburgh. These include:
- Saturday, 22nd June – Oriole N100 Club Night: Mixology: The art of Negroni – London
Celebrate at Oriole’s Negroni 100 Club, a decadent Italian discotheque. Drinks include the Oriole Negroni, Americano and Boulevardier, with other cocktails available. Seated table tickets (including complimentary pre-batched Negronis for the table) are available alongside standing tickets and walk-ins
- Sunday, 23rd June Hoot the Redeemer: The Rulebreakers – Edinburgh The Negroni was born from a transgression by Count Camillo. In an ode to the eccentric creator of the Negroni, Hoot the Redeemer will be serving their own twist on the classic cocktail. There will be five on offer, choose from the Negroni Ice Cream (£4) - Campari, gin, sweet vermouth, Teuchter’s Burd Slushy (£5) - Campari, Islay whisky, pineapple, lime, Plaza Garibaldi’s (£5) - Campari, tequila, orange juice, The Skagliato (£6) - Campari, Buckfast, Irn-Bru and Munro Bagger (£6) - Campari, single malt whisky, sweet vermouth
- Tuesday 25th June – Jealous Prints: Campari Creates – London
Jealous Prints is a contemporary gallery based in East London's creative hub of Shoreditch. For one-night only Jealous Prints will encapsulate the creative history of the Negroni and invite consumers to be inspired to create your very own personalized Negroni and Negroni artwork.
- Wednesday, 26th June – Vermuteria: Cafe Culture – London
Vermuteria, located in Coal Drops Yard, King’s Cross is an all-day café and bar serving a fine collection of cocktails and Vermouth. A dedicated Negroni will be available on the terrace of Vermuteria for you to choose from. Be sure to try the Clear Negroni made with a rare 1965 Campari Cordial.
- Thursday 27th June – Science and Industry: N100 – The Classics - Manchester
Science & Industry is an eccentric and experimental hideaway in Manchester. They’ll be showcasing the N100 classics with a menu that uses their drinks laboratory to create experimental takes on Negronis, Americanos, Boulevardiers, and Sbagliatos.
- Thursday 27th June – Callooh Callay: Globetrotters – London
Often regarded as one of Shoreditch's best cocktail bars, Callooh Callay will showcase the global story of the Negroni. The story may have started in Florence but is spans across the globe and involves Milan, the city of the Bitter, Turin, the city of the Vermouth, London, where Count Camillo used to go, and New York of the Golden Age of Cocktails.
Access to the Negroni Week parties will be at each venue’s discretion. Events are a mix of ticketed and first come first served events. Find out more from the N100 event page https://lineupnow.com/event/n100-cheers-to-the-count
For more information, visit https://www.instagram.com/campariuk or the N100 event page https://lineupnow.com/event/n100-cheers-to-the-count. Follow us on Instagram: @campariuk #N100.